Sunday, June 18, 2006

I Never Painted The Walls Of My Beach House..

A safe place. We all have them. This is where we go in our minds to relax, fall asleep, clear our minds, meditate. My beach house is where I go. It is a one-level, spread out beach house with steps down to the sand. I can picture bringing groceries in and putting them on the counter. I picture sitting on the water's edge. My mind has very vivid colors in my beach house. I have earth tone couches that you just sink in, I have comfy pillows. I also have a window seat (probably because my husband told me I couldn't have one when he built a house) so my window seat is very comfortable with flowered cushions and pillows. I have plants all around me. The beach house is all windows and it is very spacious. I can even hear the music in the background...

All these years and I never painted the walls of my beach house. Why? I can't really answer that. My walls have no color. There is nothing on the walls. Sometimes I feel that has been my emptiness spilling over on to the walls. I am now the happiest I have ever been in my life. I have a beautiful daughter, a terrific grandson, a wonderful daughter-in-law, my son is turning into a wonderful young man. My daughter and son are my rock. I have a wonderful man in my life who I love.

So why not paint the walls of my beach house? I am not ready yet. When will I be? I don't know. I am waiting for some things to fall into place and when they do. my walls will be painted. My beach house will be complete. No more planning, no more moving the furniture in my mind..no more - It will be a beach house filled with color!!

Oh by the way..if I ever write a book that will be the title.

"I FINALLY PAINTED THE WALLS OF MY BEACH HOUSE"

1 Comments:

Blogger Ace of Spades said...

I cant wait till that day happens for you.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home